[openstack-tw] Speech at OpenStack Day Taiwan 2016

Joanna H. Huang joanna at aptira.com
Mon Jun 13 05:42:30 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

The talk accepted by China Day was submitted by our COO Roland Chen. I
actually don't have the talk abstract he submitted. However, it would be
very similar to the two long abstracts I submitted to Taiwan Day which
outlined the practical issues in the real world the open source tools
try to address, what attendees will learn from the presentation and why
the presentation should be selected.

I would like to emphasise once again that the tools are *open-sourced*
to *benefit OpenStack community* addressing the common needs. It's NOT a
commercial pitch and it's also accepted in community sharing track of
China Day event. I can give you some examples of companies contributing
their tech efforts to global community. For instance, Mirantis open
sourced their application catalog tool and made it to a big tent project
called Murano; eNovance open sourced their telemetry project and also
made it to big tent project called Ceilometer; Redhat contributed their
automated deployment tool called Ansible to the OpenStack world; there
are more examples of how the OpenStack ecosystem members collaborate
together to make OpenStack technologies great, and this is what we are
doing for Guts and Stackbuffet.

Cheers,
Joanna

--
GM, East Asia | Engineering Team Lead, India
Aptira - Asia Pacific’s Leading Provider of OpenStack