[openstack-tw] OpenStack Day Taiwan 2015 - Call for Speakers

Joanna H. Huang joanna at aptira.com
Thu Jul 16 04:19:50 UTC 2015

Hi all,

There are some concerns I would like to raise here. According to
currently planned schedule, the talk slots can be classified into 3
topics listed below:

* Community
4 talks + 1 panel discussion

* Use case
2 talks + 1 panel discussion

* Technical
1 talk + 1 panel discussion

As you can see it's lacking of technical content and not enough use
cases in current schedule. Besides there is still uncertainty about the
swift tech talk and 104 use case talk.

It's very important to show the real OpenStack local use cases and
applications to build the confidence in OpenStack in Taiwan market.

Furthermore, if we can provide a chance for OpenStack engineers from
local community to speak about their experience in OpenStack
development, deployment, management, automation those practical
knowledge at the event, it will definitely promote OpenStack and
stimulate its application in Taiwan.

As far as I know there were some tech talk applications which didn't get
accepted by the committee and were considered to be scheduled to the
tech panel discussion. Can Chris please kindly provide the details about
those application for everyone to review? If they are ones of the topics
we are looking for, can we rethink and discuss the possibility to
replace some of the uncertain talks in case the speakers can't make it
in the end, or even remove the panel discussion there most of the
panellist already have their own talk sessions?

Please feel free to comment. Thanks.

Cheers,
Joanna