[Summit-Programming-Committee] New feature for Track Chairs

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Wed Jul 17 15:01:52 UTC 2019

Hi all -

I wanted to note a new feature we just pushed out for Track Chairs.
It's the ability to share comments with the speakers.

On the Track Chair tool, there is now a checkbox for "Share with
presenter".  This will make the comment public so that the speaker can
see it. (https://www.screencast.com/t/jnujbwGEd8).  I would suggest
emailing the speaker to let them know that there a comment has been
added and they can check the CFP tool to review.  Down the line, we'll
add automated email notification for this.

When the user logs into the CFP, they'll see a little alert that says
"Review" and then their presentation summary will have the comments at
the bottom like so (https://www.screencast.com/t/bQYTtGXq).

We look forward to further developing this feature, so if you have any
feedback, please don't hesitate.

Cheers,
Jimmy