[Openstack-track-chairs] "Voting now open" email: no information about changes to the voting process?

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Jul 26 19:54:25 UTC 2016

Obligatory apology for using HTML, in order to faithfully reproduce the
email blast message.

I wonder how others feel about this. We had a lengthy discussion about
tweaks and optimizations to the voting process on this list a while ago,
but the "voting now open" email that just went out (see below) has no
mention of any change to the voting mechanics (i.e. *how* voting works, as
opposed to *why* we do it).

Neither does
https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/call-for-presentations/selection-process,
which the email refers to (it only talks about news to the submission
process, not to the voting).

I guess it's probably to late to stop the email blast. But I wonder if
others agree that it's probably a good idea to amend the selection process
info page?

Case in point:
https://twitter.com/0x44/status/757990623668375552 (would be great to
explain the intention, which was one of the things we did discuss here)

What do others think?

Cheers,
Florian