[Openstack-track-chairs] Call for Speakers Feedback, Next Steps

Nick Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Sun Jan 31 21:16:11 UTC 2016

On 1/31/2016 3:21 PM, Florian Haas wrote:
> I, for one, am entirely in favor of this change — proposers who can't
> be bothered to submit their own talk shouldn't be speaking, and
> companies trying to force their speakers to channel submissions
> through a designated submitter should be discouraged from interfering
> with speaker submissions.

I don't have any objection to the change, I just wish we'd known about
it earlier.

(And in case anybody's wondering, we don't force people to channel
submissions through a designated submittter, but as you might imagine we
have a lot of people for whom English isn't their first language, so we
make help available to those who want it.)

----  Nick