[Openstack-track-chairs] Timeline for Austin Session Selection Process

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Feb 24 07:38:48 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-24 06:53, John Dickinson wrote:
> I have worked with John for years in the OpenStack community, including as a track chair in past summits. I've not known him to be anything but fair in his take on the community.
>
> However, the point of the perception of bias from external observers is valid, and I agree with John. I do not think it's appropriate to have two track chairs on the same track for the same summit from the same employer.
>
> John, I completely respect your decision, and thank you for considering the community and bringing up the issue.

We have the same situation - two track chairs from one company - in the
"How to contribute" track. Both Rossella and myself work for SUSE. But
this was without any employee changes, so was already the case when
track chairs were setup - and thus I did not speak up.

So, if that is a problem, then let me step down as well - but first I'd
like to hear from the organizers whether that was an intentional set up
or an oversight,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)