[Openstack-track-chairs] Cloud Application Development Track future improvements

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Sun Feb 7 22:21:05 UTC 2016

Another idea, and please know I'm crunched for attention on a weekend,
would be to have this panel ready to load in time for voting, so by Tues.
2/9 and please search your networks for women who can speak to this.

Anne

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com>
wrote:

> Thanks,
> Anne
>

> > On Feb 7, 2016, at 1:23 PM, Denys Makogon <Denys at gigaspaces.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello to All.
> >
> > I'd vote for having an opportunity to get valuable talk onboarded to our
> tracks.
> > Thanks to opened discussion in
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-track-chairs/2016-February/000280.html
> >
> > So, here's what we, as Cloud Application Development Track Chair, have.
> After have discussions about why do have so much deployment practices
> related talks in submissions. So we'd like to understand if it's still
> possible to propose one more talk to our Track. And here's what we have for
> now:
> >
> >       1. shows how app developers see OpenStack at this moment
> >       2. discovers current problem (code that runs on clouds is not a
> cloud app)
> >       3. describes real-world story (for any customer that would talk
> about cloud consuming not in a context of app deployment)
> >       4. thoughts about how OpenStack should change in order to be more
> attractive to developers.
> >       5. conclusions
> >
> > Format of this talk would be a discussion or debates on given topic,
> just as Nick said. For now we're looking for speakers (we have couple
> candidates - Greg Pryzby, Ryan Baxter, John Rhoton, and me as volunteer).
> >
> > So what would be our next steps. The one is to wait until community
> would vote and see if community wants to see as part of Cloud Application
> Track. Based on their demands, we would decide of we, as Track Chairs,
> propose a talk as an attempt to align global understanding what cloud app
> is.
> >

> I'm a track chair in this same track. My opinion of next action differs.
>
> I'd like us to wait and gather more input based on votes of the current
> set of talks that met the deadline.
>
> I go to other conferences all year for app devs. We need to see what this
> particular subset of app devs wants at the Summit.
>
> Anne
>

> > Kind regards,
> > Denys Makogon

Anne Gentle