[Openstack-track-chairs] Cloud Application Development Track future improvements

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Sun Feb 7 20:40:02 UTC 2016

Thanks,
Anne

> On Feb 7, 2016, at 1:23 PM, Denys Makogon <Denys at gigaspaces.com> wrote:
>
> Hello to All.
>
> I'd vote for having an opportunity to get valuable talk onboarded to our tracks.
> Thanks to opened discussion in http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-track-chairs/2016-February/000280.html
>
> So, here's what we, as Cloud Application Development Track Chair, have. After have discussions about why do have so much deployment practices related talks in submissions. So we'd like to understand if it's still possible to propose one more talk to our Track. And here's what we have for now:
>
>       1. shows how app developers see OpenStack at this moment
>       2. discovers current problem (code that runs on clouds is not a cloud app)
>       3. describes real-world story (for any customer that would talk about cloud consuming not in a context of app deployment)
>       4. thoughts about how OpenStack should change in order to be more attractive to developers.
>       5. conclusions
>
> Format of this talk would be a discussion or debates on given topic, just as Nick said. For now we're looking for speakers (we have couple candidates - Greg Pryzby, Ryan Baxter, John Rhoton, and me as volunteer).
>
> So what would be our next steps. The one is to wait until community would vote and see if community wants to see as part of Cloud Application Track. Based on their demands, we would decide of we, as Track Chairs, propose a talk as an attempt to align global understanding what cloud app is.

I'm a track chair in this same track. My opinion of next action differs.

I'd like us to wait and gather more input based on votes of the current set of talks that met the deadline.

I go to other conferences all year for app devs. We need to see what this particular subset of app devs wants at the Summit.

Anne