[Openstack-track-chairs] Cloud Application Development Track future improvements

Denys Makogon Denys at gigaspaces.com
Sat Feb 6 19:03:36 UTC 2016

Hello Florian.

I'm not saying that submission about application deployment strategies are not fitting CAD track.
Just saying that for next summits it is worth to consider splitting current CAD track into Cloud application deployment (less formal name: From Code to Clouds) and Cloud application development.
For example, how generic clouds impacts the way how solution architects are designing applications.

And i completely agree with Stefano. Current list of tracks and their definitions are becoming more and more complex (good example here: Networking and TELCO/NFV). So, it would be a good step forward (after this summit of course) is to start wider discussion about how developers are consuming OpenStack in their applications in order to understand if it is really necessary bring yet another level of complexity into how we define what we, as community, want to learn within OpenStack summit.

And yet one thing more, it seems to be that problem appears in understanding of what actually Cloud Application is.
>From developers perspective, cloud application is nothing else rather than regular application, but adjusted (micro-service architecture) according to deployment environment capabilities (distributed platform, etc.). Basically, word "cloud" means the where application would run. But we're missing key thing, how can we consume OpenStack services for building software that facing to a regular users (i've seen one talk like what i've described, it was about Zaqar and micro-service interactions in applications - this is what we should look and ask for).

Kind regards,
Denys Makogon