[Openstack-track-chairs] Part One: Austin Session Selection Process

Matt Jarvis matt.jarvis at datacentred.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 16:57:06 UTC 2016

There is an IOT proposal in Architectural Decisions, which seems to be
mostly about IOT with what seems to be a fairly tangential connection to
OpenStack as a possible backend architecture. It's possible that might be
more appropriate in Big Data.

On 4 February 2016 at 16:35, Seth Fox <seth at solinea.com> wrote:

> We are a bit lite on the Big Data Track - Looking for 12 but only 9
> submissions, one if which is a product pitch
>
> If you have things that fit you can send them over.
>
> Thanks
>
> Seth

> Seth Fox ● Solinea
> <https://links.mixmax.com/b/ImyoWyKHMn4fkBtjx?rn=IyZy9mLrNWY0NnblB3buMHdzlGbANncpFGaj1yajFmc01yajFGdz5WZw9mI&re=IyZy9mLrNWY0NnblB3buMHdzlGbANncpFGaj1yajFmc01yajFGdz5WZw9mI>
>  ● Vice President Delivery ● +1 (650) 549.5185 ● Skype: SethFox98 ● MeetMe
> <https://links.mixmax.com/b/2zpbQ0HQLcfFJ3g5q?rn=IyZy9mLrNWY0NnblB3buMHdzlGbANncpFGaj1yajFmc01yajFGdz5WZw9mI&re=IyZy9mLrNWY0NnblB3buMHdzlGbANncpFGaj1yajFmc01yajFGdz5WZw9mI>
>

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Shintaro Mizuno wrote:
>>
>>> There are some descriptions for each track on the etherpad.
>>>
>>> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Austin_Summit_Track_Chairs
>>>
>>> How to Contribute
>>> The How to Contribute track is for new community members and companies
>>> interested in contributing to the open source code, with a focus on
>>> OpenStack community processes, tools, culture and best practices.
>>>

>> Yes, I usually draw the line between "Upstream development" and "How to
>> contribute" based on whether the target audience is existing, current
>> upstream code contributors ("upstream development") or prospective
>> potential new contributors and companies trying to understand how to best
>> proceed to get their code upstream ("how to contribute").
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> --
>> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Matt Jarvis
Head of Cloud Computing
DataCentred
Office: (+44)0161 8703985
Mobile: (+44)07983 725372
Email: matt.jarvis at datacentred.co.uk
Website: http://www.datacentred.co.uk

--
DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763