[Openstack-track-chairs] Part One: Austin Session Selection Process

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Feb 4 13:23:21 UTC 2016

Shintaro Mizuno wrote:
> There are some descriptions for each track on the etherpad.
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Austin_Summit_Track_Chairs
>
> How to Contribute
> The How to Contribute track is for new community members and companies
> interested in contributing to the open source code, with a focus on
> OpenStack community processes, tools, culture and best practices.

Yes, I usually draw the line between "Upstream development" and "How to
contribute" based on whether the target audience is existing, current
upstream code contributors ("upstream development") or prospective
potential new contributors and companies trying to understand how to
best proceed to get their code upstream ("how to contribute").

Hope this helps,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)