[Openstack-track-chairs] Track Chair Feedback

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Fri Aug 26 02:03:30 UTC 2016

Wow! Great to see so much lively conversation around the Track Chair
tool and process. There are some really good ideas here. We will take
some time to review with our development team and update this list with
a final summary of requests.

One thing we try to do is strive towards a better tool that can meet
your needs, rather than forcing you to export everything to a
spreadsheet. We get a little closer each round, but recognize there is
always room for improved efficiencies. While we can't get every feature
in, we do our best to make your lives as easy as possible.

If it would be helpful for Track Chairs to meet in Barcelona, please let
me know and a few of us from the Foundation Staff will try to make it.
Generally, I think the email list has been pretty effective in
communicating with one another, but we're happy to meet if it would help.

Also want to say thanks for the kind words on the current tool. The
praise really goes to Aaron Carlino (@unclecheese), who did the heavy
dev work on the Track Chair development. Thanks, Aaron!

Cheers,
Summit Speaker Team