[Openstack-track-chairs] Track Chair Feedback

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Fri Aug 26 00:12:42 UTC 2016

Well said Matt!

From: Matt Fischer [mailto:matt at mattfischer.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:28 PM
To: Nick Chase <nchase at mirantis.com>
Cc: openstack-track-chairs at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Openstack-track-chairs] Track Chair Feedback

I hope that the track chairs were not only selected on the basis of technical knowledge but on their integrity and of putting the summit & community ahead of company goals. I also think that the foundation has done a good job ensuring that different communities and companies are chosen, which hopefully avoids the ability of one company to push their talks over others. For me, I will never push a team talk unless the other track chairs have it under consideration, and if they do I'm happy to provide honest feedback on it. I hope fellow track chairs will concur with that.

Opening up a requirement that track chairs have to justify why they chose one talk over another will only foster further argument, it won't resolve anything. It's also untenable when rejecting 200 talks to justify the ranking of each one. And regardless of what you do and whether you justify your reasons or not, many good talks were not picked, and some feelings were probably hurt.