[Openstack-track-chairs] Proposal voting revisited

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 19:31:10 UTC 2015

I think limiting votes only to people who submit talks would lead to
people/companies submitting poor talks just to get a vote (gaming the
system).

Voting on a random subset of the talks, rather than all seems like a great
idea though - I suspect most people flick through for the few talks they
know they're interested in, maybe vote for some more from their company,
then stop, because there are so many. Giving each voter a choice of half a
dozen or a dozen talks to vote on (or rank) could lead to much broader
participation.

On 14 October 2015 at 22:25, Florian Haas <florian.haas at hastexo.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> just coming back to the discussion from a couple of months ago, on the
> merit of the Summit proposal voting process. There's an interesting
> contribution to the discussion from an unexpected field (astronomy).
> I've collected a few links here:
>
> https://plus.google.com/+FlorianHaas/posts/MsswaBHramG
>
> Maybe an idea worth considering?
>
> Cheers,