[Openstack-track-chairs] Session / Speaker Surveys

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Tue Oct 13 18:31:20 UTC 2015

+1!

-----Original Message-----
From: Aday, Michael [mailto:maday at hpe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:58 AM
To: Shamail; John Griffith
Cc: openstack-track-chairs at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Openstack-track-chairs] Session / Speaker Surveys

This sounds like an awesome addition!
Great hacking!

Mike.

From: Shamail
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 8:41 AM
To: John Griffith
Cc: "openstack-track-chairs at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-track-chairs at lists.openstack.org>"

On Oct 13, 2015, at 11:36 AM, John Griffith <john.griffith at solidfire.com<mailto:john.griffith at solidfire.com>> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Lauren Sell <lauren at openstack.org<mailto:lauren at openstack.org>> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Because we had the conversation on this mailing list, I wanted to provide a quick update about soliciting attendee feedback on speaking sessions.

I mentioned before that we are building out a survey tool in our new scheduling platform and mobile app, which will be available for the Austin Summit, but didn’t have a good solution for the Tokyo Summit….

Now we've come up with a decent hack for Tokyo! We worked with the Sched team to integrate a “feedback” link in the mobile app that uses simple Wufoo forms on the backend. It’s not the most beautiful solution, but we’re happy to start gathering information :) We’ll encourage attendees to give us feedback on the sessions they attend, and will of course encourage speakers to promote it for their sessions.

Just wanted to share the update so you are all aware and can help spread the word…hopefully it will give track chairs for the Austin Summit more information to make decisions.

Cheers,
Lauren

​That's awesome Lauren!!  Thanks for the update!​

+1
I'll make sure to promote the feedback link.  Nice work on under-promising and over-delivering!