[Openstack-track-chairs] summit selections

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Thu Mar 5 19:58:54 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Jonathan Gershater <jgershat at redhat.com>
wrote:

> hi
> Vendor submissions
> I am seeing quite a few vendor type pitches with lots of community votes,
> is that a case of a vendor having their employees and friends vote for
> their session?
> Generally, we should not admit vendor pitches to summit, correct?
>
> I am seeing the same. After looking at the submissions, it's fairly
obvious which companies did the best campaigning for their submissions.
Keep in mind the voting is only part of how you select sessions for your
track. Use your judgement to create an interesting track which you feel
represents the space you have well. In other words, don't just use the top
sessions with the most votes.