[Openstack-track-chairs] the meaning of the 'How to contribute' track

Niki Acosta (nikacost) nikacost at cisco.com
Mon Aug 17 14:17:56 UTC 2015

Stef‹

We decided as a group to move those to the How to Contribute track with
the following rationale:

First, there are only 10 community sessions in total and over 40
submissions. We wanted to make sure we could focus on community-centric
topics, especially those that might be relevant to the communities in
Asia, as well as those covering diversity/women, defcore, big tent, etc.

While we liked The Critic as Contributor as a talk, there were few votes
on this talk and the score ranked lower compared to others. We did like
the talk, and wanted to give it a shot in the How to Contribute category.

The Youngest OpenStack talk scored a little higher than the aforementioned
talk. Since the talk covers Intel¹s Internship program with the goal that
interns could contribute to OpenStack, we wanted to give it a shot in the
How to Contribute track.

These decisions are never easy, and we did our best to include a
well-rounded selection of sessions that we felt were important to the
community. We did our best to balance vote scoring with what we felt would
have broad community appeal. If those talks were to stay in the track,
they wouldn¹t have made the cut.

Hope that gives you some insight.

Niki Acosta
Cloud Evangelist
Cisco.com <http://www.cisco.com/>
nikacost at cisco.com
Phone: +1 512-912-6716

 <http://www.twitter.com/nikiacosta>  Think before you print.This email
may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the
intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by
reply email and delete all copies of this message.
Please click here
<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html> for
Company Registration Information.