[Openstack-track-chairs] Please provide your Google email

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Sun Aug 10 02:29:16 UTC 2014

On 08/06/2014 10:13 AM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On 08/05/2014 11:55 PM, Anita Kuno wrote:
>> It isn't a flame war, it is a question.
>
> The very short answer is that there is nothing comparable to G Docs at
> the moment, something that provides a bit more security than the public
> etherpads and provide rich editing capabilities and commenting.
>
> You should also keep in mind that there is only a handful of people at
> the Foundation working hard on the Summit and they need to make
> decisions fast to keep the pace. The choice of tools usually happens
> under extreme time pressure, choice goes to the most readily available
> tool usable to a very wide variety of people.
>
> People who served as track chairs in the past may remember that we had a
> tool developed internally to select talks. That tool had limitations and
> the development team preferred to invest time resources in other areas;
> we'll revert back to shared notes on gdocs for this cycle and hope to
> land improvements after Paris.
>
> hth
> stef

Thanks Stefano:

I appreciate knowing the status of the situation. Should Todd or any of
the other Foundation staff want to put the tool into stackforge, so that
others may contribute, let me know and I will put together the patch to
create the repository.

I'm glad to hear that the use of google docs is a temporary measure. I
look forward to testing the open source tools and offering feedback and
patches.

Thanks,
Anita.