[openstack-tc] Starting a new term of the Technical Committee

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Sep 28 14:52:03 UTC 2018

As outgoing-chair, I want to offer my congratulations to the new and
returning members. Thank you all for committing to serve the OpenStack
community.

We have a few pieces of business we need to take care of to install the
new committee and start this term.

1. Add the new members to the tech-committee group in gerrit, so they
   can vote. I have done this.

2. Ask new members to sign up for the openstack-tc mailing list [0]. I
   have done this on IRC, but if you missed the ping please make sure
   you're signed up.

3. Approve the new membership roster. Please vote on the patch prepared
   by the election officials: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/605896/

4. Choose a new chair for this 6 month session.

   The chair is responsible for making sure we follow the TC charter
   rules [1], and for communicating the decisions made by the TC to the
   Board of Directors and the OpenStack community at large.

   Candidates for the chair position should propose a patch on top of
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/605896/ and add " {chair}" at the
   end of the line by their name in the reference/members file in the
   openstack/governance repository.

New members, please also familiarize yourself with the voting rules for
motions [2] and house rules for other types of decisions [3].

Doug