[openstack-tc] Joining the Sydney Forum scheduling committee (2 seats)

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jun 20 12:32:15 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 6:22 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> To select content for the first Forum in Boston, we set up a committee
> with 2 UC members, 2 Foundation staff and 2 TC members. Emilien and Doug
> volunteered to help from our side.
>
> We need to replace them for selecting Sydney content, ideally with TC
> members that are not standing for reelection between now and then. The
> natural candidates for those two slots are therefore:
>
> Chris Dent
> Davanum Srinivas
> Dean Troyer
> Flavio Percoco
> John Garbutt
> Sean McGinnis
> Thierry Carrez
>
> Given that the Foundation staff is already represented in the committee,
> I'd rather not participate if we have enough volunteers :)
>
> Who would be interested ? Emilien and Doug should be able to shine some
> light on the time commitment this represents, but I think it's reasonable.

For me, it's wasn't more than 5 hours (total) spread over the last
weeks before the Forum, iirc.
The work is mostly about reviewing a spreadsheet, giving comments, and
also doing 2 or 3 triage meetings with the rest of the team.
There is also some initial work, to communicate with the community to
get topics proposals, but this task can be done by anyone.

Hope it helps,

> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Emilien Macchi