[openstack-tc] TC Meeting tomorrow Tue Mar 8th, 20:00 UTC

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 21:54:47 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

>   * Neutron stadium things: tap-as-a-service [2], networking-mirantis-dvs
> [3], networking-bgp [4], networking-generic-switch [5] and the Neutron repo
> list update [6]
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/229869
> [3] https://review.openstack.org/266452
> [4] https://review.openstack.org/268727
> [5] https://review.openstack.org/269713
> [6] https://review.openstack.org/275936

​Since it's not exactly easy to get an update on this topic by reading any
one gerrit review, here's is a rough overview.

Neutron is going through an identity crisis, trying to figure out what
should be included under "Neutron" in OpenStack governance vs. separate
projects.  A couple of things have already split out on their own (Kuryr
and Dragonflow).  The above governance reviews are blocked until this gets
sorted out.

We started an exercise trying to define some criteria for what should stay
under Neutron.  The goal was for this to help guide the discussion piece by
piece to a resolution.  You can find that trail of reviews here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/(status:open+OR+status:merged)+project:openstack/neutron+branch:master+topic:stadium-implosion

We're now stalled on the final one.  It's now on the back burner in favor
of wrapping up Mitaka.

I don't see much harm in letting this sit until there's less release
pressure at this point.  I think it's also fair to set a firm expectation
that this be resolved early in the next cycle to unblock things.

--
Russell Bryant