[openstack-tc] [User-committee] Adding UC charter to OpenStack Governance

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jun 2 08:18:49 UTC 2016

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> The point is more that I think it would mix two sets of unrelated
> content. Unless we’re talking about separate repositories that are
> published to a subtree under the governance domain?

Yes, separate repositories published to subtrees.

In fact we already plan to build "governance.openstack.org" from data
coming out of 2 repositories (openstack/governance and
openstack/elections) in the near future. Adding a third repository is
definitely a possibility.

The way I see it we can have:

- openstack/governance driving the neutral /index.html and /tc/
- openstack/usercommittee driving /uc/ content
- openstack/elections driving /elections/ content

each with its own set of approvers. We'd make it clear on the page
footer which repository the page is built from so that people know where
to go to propose changes.

We'd keep redirects (or aliases) so that existing deep links to
/reference/ and /resolutions/ continue to work.

How does that sound ?