[openstack-tc] [vitrage] Vitrage project

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Apr 19 16:53:07 UTC 2016

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) wrote:
> My name is Ifat Afek, and I'm the PTL of the Vitrage project [1].
> Vitrage aims to become the OpenStack RCA (Root Cause Analysis) Engine for organizing, analyzing and expanding OpenStack alarms & events.
>
> We started working on it after we got the blessing of the community in the Tokyo Summit, and I'm happy to say that the first release will be ready next week, after we tag the version.
> In fact, Vitrage is going to be presented in two sessions in Austin Summit[2][3].
>
> During the development process, we made every effort to follow the OpenStack guidelines, including weekly IRC meetings, open discussions in the mailing list, tracking our blueprints in launchpad, git reviews, documentation, etc.
>
> After the Summit we plan to apply to the TC to accept Vitrage as an official OpenStack project, as part of the Newton release.
>
> We would like to know what is the process of applying to become an official project in Newton. Any guidance in this regard would be appreciated.

Hi Afek,

You should get familiar with our project governance model, as described on:
http://governance.openstack.org/

In particular the requirements for new OpenStack Projects applications:
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/new-projects-requirements.html

The "OpenStack Way" is further documented in the Project Team Guide:
http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/

Once ready, you should propose a change adding Vitrage to the
projects.yaml file:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml

It will then be discussed at the next available TC meeting.
Regards,