[openstack-tc] cross project selection time

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Apr 7 10:55:16 UTC 2016

On 04/04/2016 06:30 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> We have 25 proposed sessions here -
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-cross-project-sessions
>
> Over the next 2 days, any TC members that would like to express an
> opinion, please do. There are voting instructions in the etherpad. At
> the TC meeting this week I'd like to sort out a time on Wed where a
> subset can use that info and build the schedule out of it.
>
> Also, if there is a subject you feel we really need but never got
> proposed, please feel free to speak up.
>
> 	-Sean

I have scored up all the sessions in numerical order. 3 had negative
votes. 2 ended up with only scores of 2. That gives us the top 21
sessions by points as:

10. Title: Co-installability Requirements Are Holding Us Back	20
23. Title: How do we get a single CLI?	20
1. Title: Getting API Docs off of WADL and into RST	18
11. Title: Common service deployment in devstack	18
12. Title: The future of baremetal networking	18
17. Title: Deployment tools discussion	17
20. Title: Conventional roles for default policy files	17
6. Title: Backwards compatibility for Libraries	16
22. Title: Using keystoneauth correctly in projects	16
13. Title: Stable Branch End of Life Policy	15
5. Title: (In)secure messaging	14
16. Title: Moving from oslo.rootwrap to oslo.privsep	14
9. Title: Brainstorm format for design summit split event	12
14. Title: Improve oslo.policy to be used more like configuration	11
4. Title: Quota 'delimiter' service and/or library	10
24. Title: Defining scope of cross projects specs, tracking methods, and
approach for providing user/operator feedback as user & design summits
separate.	9
19. Title: Alternatives to polling	7
7. Title: Instance Users	6
15. Title: Scaling the OSSA/VMT via Threat Analysis	5
25. Title: Discovery: Everybody's doing it. Can we all do it the same way?	5
26. Title: moving towards a Identity v3 API only devstack	4

Today at 20:00 UTC in #openstack-meeting-cp we'll do an adhoc meeting to
do the scheduling. I've started to do some note taking in the etherpad
about sets of sessions that might pair well as logical sequences.

We should also decide if there are any sessions that could use a double
block (in which case we'd kick something off the bottom). The one that
jumps out to me that might is the Deployment tools discussion as it
might be really good to give that group a double block to help organize
their efforts. With so many stakeholders I might imagine that 40 minutes
would be constraining.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague