[openstack-tc] Designate one TC member to follow each candidate project

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 4 11:24:22 UTC 2015

Hi TC members,

We discussed this before, and I had it on the open discussion agenda for
yesterdays meeting. We have projects that are candidate for the big tent
but get delayed for various reasons (start of activity, adoption of
community practices, alignment with other teams...). Rather than leave
that project alone, or expect all TC members to keep track of progress,
we should have one mentor TC member for each such projects that will:

- follow up on progress in alignment for that project
- provide advice to the candidate project team on how to address the gap
- propose the project back on the TC meeting docket when they estimate
it's ready for reconsideration

The following projects had their original application delayed:

* Compass (needs to adopt more of the OpenStack way)
* Fuel (needs more collaboration)
* Kiloeyes (no activity yet)
* Monasca (needs to adopt more of the OpenStack way)
* Juju charms (no activity yet, question on GPLv3 licensing)
* Kosmos (no activity yet)

NB: Group Based Policy was proposed earlier but it was set to WIP by its
proposers themselves, so I don't include it in the list.

Jay mentioned that Fuel is ready to be reconsidered and that Dmitry
provided direct updates to the ML already, so maybe it doesn't need a
formal mentor (we should assign one if it's delayed again next week).

We also said we should reconsider Monasca ASAP, anyone volunteering to
dive into that and confirm it's ready for reconsideration ?

The others are likely to take a bit more time, but would still benefit
greatly from having a TC mentor following them up starting now. I can
take Juju charms (since I already asked for legal feedback on the
licensing there). Anyone volunteering for Compass, Kiloeyes or Kosmos ?