[openstack-tc] Using topics to classify governance changes

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Aug 21 13:05:59 UTC 2015

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> [...]
> Rather than mark categories 2, 3 and 4 as "no-need-for-formal-vote", I'd
> rather mark category 1 as "formal-vote". My understanding of the goal of
> the change was to be able to separate 1 from 2/3/4 -- I think we can
> achieve it the same that way, with less effort (less changes need formal
> votes) and a less convoluted name.
>
> Let me know if that would work for you.

We discussed that last meeting and I got a general go-ahead. Infra
flipped a few bits and I just set the topic on a number of changes to
"formal-vote":

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/governance+branch:master+topic:formal-vote,n,z

The other changes follow one of the other approval procedures and won't
be discussed at the meeting unless there are explicitly added to the
agenda by one of the TC members.

Cheers,