[openstack-tc] Defcore process feedback

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 13:37:05 UTC 2015

In the last TC meeting, one of the agenda items was reviewing the
proposed defcore process document.  I had feedback but decided to
propose a patch to make it a little easier to review and discuss.

One section is about how designated sections get defined.  We discussed
this at some length last year.  For reference, here is the blog post
that recaps the position we ended up with:

http://www.openstack.org/blog/2014/07/openstack-technical-committee-update-july-1/

In the spirit of that position, I don't think the technical leadership
(TC or PTLs) should be *expected* to define designated sections.

I proposed a change to the process document.  If you have any opinions
on the matter, please take a look.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/173915

Russell Bryant