[openstack-tc] Concerns about foundation membership and voter eligibility - solved

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed Sep 17 20:39:17 UTC 2014

I am following the currently thread about the call with Mark Radcliffe
happening tomorrow and was reading the background material. Shame on me
for not reading it before.

It turns out that should a contributor resign their foundation
membership it will not affect their eligibility to vote.

http://www.openstack.org/legal/technical-committee-member-policy/

3.(b)(i) An Individual Member is an ATC who has had a software
contribution approved for inclusion in any of the modules of the Core
OpenStack Project during one of the two prior release cycles of the Core
OpenStack Project (“Approved Contribution’). Such Individual Member
shall remain an ATC for three hundred and sixty five days after the date
of acceptance of such Approved Contribution.

So any person who gerrit considers to be the owner of a merged patch in
the specified timeframe* doesn't have to have their foundation
membership confirmed in order to be eligible to vote. This makes me so
happy. I still would appreciate anyone putting names forward for
extra-atcs to continue to confirm those names having foundation
membership by hand. Thank you, I recognize what a pain it is to do.

Thanks,
Anita.

* September 26, 2013 06:00 UTC to September 26, 2014 05:59 UTC
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTL_Elections_September/October_2014#Electorate