[openstack-tc] Topics for the Board/TC joint meeting in Paris

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 15:49:41 UTC 2014

On 10/28/2014 11:07 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2014, at 9:09 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>
>> Doug Hellmann wrote:
>>> Does it make sense to ask for a short update on the DefCore situation? My impression is that the committee is adopting a multi-mark approach with some sort of tiering, but I haven’t had time to catch up on that. I see that on the Board meeting agenda too, though, and I’m not sure we want everyone on the board to have to sit through it twice.
>>
>> This is already on the agenda proposed by the board (as well as a quick
>> presentation on the need for structural reform in the ways we handle
>> projects in OpenStack).
>
> My curiosity is piqued about the second item.

I read it as us giving a heads up on the things we're discussing for the
coming cycle (tents and such).  Or is it something else?

>>> Are there any updates on the CLA issue to talk about?
>>
>> The main issue with this is how quickly it can fill all the available
>> time we have. If there are enough TC members interested in having that
>> discussion, we can place it toward the end of the joint session so that
>> it doesn't block other items and we can continue pushing for it over dinner.
>
> Sounds good.
>

>> Jay Pipes wrote:
>>> I'd like to have a discussion with the board about ways in which
>>> the process by which we check for name/copyright issues for new
>>> projects can be streamlined.
>>
>> I think that's a great idea. If we can get agreement from the board that
>> preventive searches should be kept to a minimum and we should just react
>> if challenged, that would be a great step forward.

+1

>> Personally I'd like to suggest two themes:
>>
>> - how much OpenStack (in general) should embrace Containers/Docker

vs. just accepting it as a great thing that can run on top of OpenStack
compute resources (VMs and baremetal) ?

I see this largely as a technical issue, but it doesn't hurt to get a
read from the business side.

>> - an update on the proposed bylaws change
>
> +1 for all 3 of those. There are actually several different bylaws changes, right?

+1

--
Russell Bryant