[openstack-tc] Topics for the Board/TC joint meeting in Paris

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Oct 28 13:09:00 UTC 2014

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Does it make sense to ask for a short update on the DefCore situation? My impression is that the committee is adopting a multi-mark approach with some sort of tiering, but I haven’t had time to catch up on that. I see that on the Board meeting agenda too, though, and I’m not sure we want everyone on the board to have to sit through it twice.

This is already on the agenda proposed by the board (as well as a quick
presentation on the need for structural reform in the ways we handle
projects in OpenStack).

> Are there any updates on the CLA issue to talk about?

The main issue with this is how quickly it can fill all the available
time we have. If there are enough TC members interested in having that
discussion, we can place it toward the end of the joint session so that
it doesn't block other items and we can continue pushing for it over dinner.

Jay Pipes wrote:
> I'd like to have a discussion with the board about ways in which the process by which we check for name/copyright issues for new projects can be streamlined.

I think that's a great idea. If we can get agreement from the board that
preventive searches should be kept to a minimum and we should just react
if challenged, that would be a great step forward.

Personally I'd like to suggest two themes:

- how much OpenStack (in general) should embrace Containers/Docker
- an update on the proposed bylaws change