[openstack-tc] Publishing governance repo docs

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Oct 21 09:01:23 UTC 2014

Joe Gordon wrote:
> Now that Doug's patch to build governance docs has landed [0], I would
> like to get the ball rolling on finally publishing the contents of
> openstack/governance. To that end I have proposed the first pass at a
> patch to do that [1]. The only outstanding question is where to publish to.

Thanks for picking this up! Been buried deep in my TODO list forever.

We have two options for publication:

1. https://www.openstack.org/foundation/tech-committee/
We can publish to this subdirectory of www.o.o using some sftp job. It
"just" needs a user set up on www.o.o side, so I don't think it's that
far away. The main benefit of this approach is that it lets us take over
the content of that section of the website, which tends to go stale if
we don't.

2. http://governance.openstack.org/
We can setup a new virtualhost and push to it. The main benefit is that
we don't need any coordination with the Foundation CloudSites side. The
main drawback is the limited discoverability of those pages. It will be
published, we'll be able to link to it, but nobody will ever discover it.

Let me ask at the staff meeting today if we can move sufficiently fast
on solution 1 (like.. getting the necessary credentials set up *today*),
and use solution 2 as a plan B ?