[openstack-tc] Fwd: Revised Bylaws

Mark Collier mark at openstack.org
Thu Nov 20 18:21:25 UTC 2014

Thierry,

I think your 1) 2) 3) flow makes sense and aligns with my understanding, and of my reading of the draft.  I just wanted to emphasize that in #3, when you say “a trademark program”:

> 3/ a subset of (2) that the board actually includes in a trademark
> program  -- controlled by the Board

note that, for good reason, you did not say THE trademark program.  As there are currently multiple “trademark programs” (“openstack powered” etc) and that the trend is expected to continue in the future, and the bylaws don’t preclude that (in current form or in the new draft) as I read them.

Your language doesn’t conflict with my point, I’m just emphasizing the “a” for folks that might think you meant THE (singular).  I find this is sometimes a point of confusion so wanted to cover it here.

Mark