[openstack-tc] Tents and layers

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Nov 6 13:44:17 UTC 2014

Michael Still wrote:
> so the board meeting left me feeling a bit frustrated on the big tent
> and layers proposals. I think mostly because I feel like we haven't
> talked through these issues enough to be taking them to the board.
>
> Perhaps its just me though.

The idea was to inform the board early -- they certainly knew something
was in discussion, but didn't really understand what and received
conflicting signals from the small bits of discussion they glimpsed.

The goal of the session at the Board/TC meeting was therefore to
introduce the problem we are trying to solve, create a shared
understanding, reassure them on the goals and reach of the potential
reform and give them an opportunity to voice any early question.

That said, there was limited feedback from the Board members (and some
took the opportunity for biobreaks and other parallel discussions) so
that ended up being only TC members making progress on proposed
solutions, which was not the purpose of the meeting at all :)