[openstack-tc] [Fwd: [OpenStack-DefCore] Engaging with the TC]

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 09:42:34 UTC 2014

Hey

Josh makes a case that a meeting between the board and TC is needed.

If it's to be an in-person meeting, then the Atlanta our next
opportunity.

However, to make it work, I think we need to:

  1) Make a decision very quickly - I expect TC members will be making
     travel plans already and many may be intending to arrive on the
     evening of May 11.

  2) Decide on a concrete agenda and schedule - what day and time would
     we like this joint session, how long should it run and what
     topic(s) do we wish to discuss?

  3) Make this a meeting between peers - e.g. if this is part of the
     board meeting, then we need proper seating arrangements so that TC
     members aren't squashing in or sitting down the back in the cheap
     seats

  4) Sort out some procedural questions in advance - e.g. is this a
     board meeting with TC members as invited guests or a joint session?
     What constitutes TC and board quorum? Who will chair? Will any
     votes be taken? - I think these should be straightforward to figure
     out, but I wouldn't want to waste time on the day debating them.

Thanks,
Mark.