[openstack-tc] Discussion about a new umbrella / project for consumer / user experience

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 24 18:43:59 UTC 2014

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> I was speaking with Dean Troyer earlier today about putting together an
> incubation request for an SDK program to hose the unified CLI (as a
> scripting SDK) and client libraries (starting with python and expanding
> to other languages later).

Please note that currently the Python client libraries are *not* part of
the common release. They release whenever they want, and follow a
different maintenance/branch model (the so-called "always use the
latest" model). If the outputs of that SDK program are the same, I don't
think they need to go through "incubation", since they won't become part
of the common release.

They could file to become a Program. That said, if the group exists, but
I'm not sure it's operational yet, so it might fail the "Team must
already exist, have regular meetings and produce some work" requirement?