[openstack-tc] Governance documents

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 10:45:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 08:49 -0500, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 12/18/2013 08:38 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> > Anne Gentle wrote:
> >> Love the automation, dislike the landing of docs.openstack.org
> >> <http://docs.openstack.org> as it connotes that my group is responsible.
> >> How about www.openstack.org/governance
> >> <http://www.openstack.org/governance>?
> >
> > Agree that we should not publish under docs.openstack.org but use
> > another domain (or a subdomain of www.o.o).

Yeah, I didn't see it at first but Anne being concerned about any and
all auto-published content from the project going to docs.openstack.org
makes total sense. That domain should be reserved for content the docs
team feel they have some control over.

Maybe there's an argument for moving:

  docs.openstack.org/developer/

  developer.openstack.org/docs/

> > www.o.o/governance might imply more than we can reach, though
> > (foundation + project). Maybe governance.o.o ?
>
> Good point on urls. http://openstack.org/tc/governance is probably where
> this should go. If we aren't able to publish to there, that's a
> technical issue that should get addressed.

Minor point - I'd reverse that to /governance/tc/

If anyone was motivated, I'm sure the Foundation Board would welcome
some of their more static documents moving off the wiki too e.g.

  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Mission
  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Structure
  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Funding

Mark.