[openstack-tc] [Fwd: [OpenStack-DefCore] Engaging with the TC]

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 17:49:59 UTC 2014

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>>> Josh makes a case that a meeting between the board and TC is needed.
>>>
>>> If it's to be an in-person meeting, then the Atlanta our next
>>> opportunity.
>>>
>>> However, to make it work, I think we need to:
>>>
>>>   1) Make a decision very quickly - I expect TC members will be making
>>>      travel plans already and many may be intending to arrive on the
>>>      evening of May 11.
>>
>> Also note that the TC membership will be refreshed before we start the
>> Juno cycle (elections in March), so some people might end up elected and
>> not having made plans for a Sunday meeting.
>>
>> I expect any reasonable TC candidate to be present during the summit
>> week, though.

On 02/05/2014 04:25 AM, Michael Still wrote:> So, let's schedule
something. We can make sure that candidates for the
> TC understand that there is a hope they will attend this meeting.

Sure, that seems fine.

However, let's not stop discussing these things in the meantime.  Let's
keep using the weekly IRC meeting as we have points to go over.  We're
talking about 3 months from now.  It seems silly to wait that long to
talk and make any progress.

--
Russell Bryant