[openstack-tc] upgrade testing expectation

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 10 09:37:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:51:08AM +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> The fact that Ceilometer and Heat haven't caught up with upgrade testing
> during their N+1 integrated cycle is more of a problem, so I think it's
> a good idea to document it in the post-graduation requirements.

FYI I've been looking into grenade and hope to post a patch enabling
upgrade testing for Heat soon.

The main barriers for Heat catching up have been lack of knowledge of the
test infrastructure (still a problem for grenade, slowly improving for
tempest), and lack of tempest review velocity.

Rest assured, we are aware of these gaps and are working towards closing
them.

Perhaps a suggestion would be some sort of "mentor" initiative, where
someone with experience of the test infrastructure is paired with one of
the core contributors for a new project (e.g during incubation, or during
the cycle immediately after graduation) to monitor progress, provide review
feedback and answer questions while the new project works on initial
integration with the automated tests?

Steve