[openstack-tc] Savanna incubation request

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Thu Sep 5 20:54:01 UTC 2013

I'm glad to hear other folks are less concerned by these issues than I am. I do have to say that I didn't hear anyone mention the IaaS+ discussion during the Moniker discussion, and the question of "why are we considering this project" *was* raised. Personally I too prefer to draw the line at "fabric services that I as a user/developer would find useful", but we still haven't had any strong definition around that as a project or committee.

As to the Program proliferation, it just struck me as "Queue" being an exceptionally specific program compared to many of the existing ones and wondered if we'd accomplished anything by changing from Projects to Programs. One of the goals of that was to try and slow the explosive increase in management overhead, right? If no one else cares, I don't either. I was on the side of "more projects isn't an issue" when that debate happened before; I just wanted to raise the issue for discussion because previously folks seemed to care a lot.

    - Gabriel