[openstack-tc] Icehouse TC opening

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Oct 29 16:10:58 UTC 2013

Sean Dague wrote:
> On 10/18/2013 11:16 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
>> On 10/18/2013 10:02 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>>> 4. We need to designate a Chair. The role of the chair is to know our
>>> Charter (and most of the Foundation bylaws) by heart, keep track of the
>>> TC agenda, organize our meetings and report back on their results. I'm
>>> totally happy to continue in that role, but if any other member really
>>> wants to do it in my place, I won't complain. Please reply to this
>>> thread before the end of next week if you're interested.
>>
>> Honestly, I believe we should officialy nominate someone and vote on it
>> at the next meeting. We're all election and process obsessed anyway, so
>> might as well make it official.
>
> +1.
>
> I assume we'll count Thierry's statement as self nomination.

Since we kinda need a chair to have meetings in the first place and
nobody else self-nominated, I did it Monty-style and pushed
https://review.openstack.org/54368 for your approval pleasure. That way
if everything goes well we'll have a chair to actually organize the
first online meeting.

BTW, no meeting today. We'll start the Icehouse session with the
informal and inaugural "meeting" at the restaurant in Hong-Kong and have
our first real meeting on November 12.

Cheers,