[openstack-tc] Icehouse TC opening

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Oct 20 15:00:20 UTC 2013

On 10/20/2013 03:34 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net
> <mailto:sean at dague.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/18/2013 11:16 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
>

>         On 10/18/2013 10:02 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>
>             Old and new TC members,
>
>             Congratulations on your (re)election ! This email contains a few
>             administrative details and things you should know.
>
>             1. We will gather informally during the OpenStack Summit in
>             Hong-Kong
>             for a TC dinner in a fine restaurant, organized by Monty and
>             sponsored
>             by HP. Details will follow.
>

>         I have NO idea what the social schedule looks like - but if
>         folks could
>         get back to me asap on good/bad times if you know them, and if
>         you can
>         come, that would be great. If you've come before, you know that I
>         usually just put it on HP's bill because Meg is rich enough to
>         buy us
>         all dinner. This year they have made the mistake of actually
>         telling me
>         it's ok BEFOREHAND, which means I fully intend to abuse things.
>
>         Also - I know a few of us have partners coming. If you could let
>         me know
>         if you have a partner in HKG - I was thinking perhaps we should
>         think
>         about inviting them this time? Thoughts?
>
>         My frist choice is:
>
>         http://www.amberhongkong.com/
>
>         And to do it either Tuesday or Wednesday.
>

>     If I've learned one thing over the past year, it's to trust you with
>     restaurant selection. :)

Can I be the lead of the OpenStack Food Program? :)

>             2. Those of us who are free at that time can participate to
>             the "Meet
>             the Technical Committee" panel at the Summit (scheduled
>             Wednesday, Nov 6
>             at 5:30pm). There is room for all of us !
>

>         Perhaps we should just go from there to dinner since we'll all
>         be there?
>         Although there's supposed to be a VIP reception thing that night
>         too. I
>         hate the summit social calendar.
>

>     I thought the core reviewer reception was Thursday?
>

> It is, but are those two things the same events?

Thursday night is the Core VIP thing that HP is throwing that I'm
hosting. You're all obviously invited.

>     Honestly I think going straight from Meet the TC => TC dinner sounds
>     like an exceptionally sane and easy plan. I assume about 1/2 the TC
>     would be in that session anyway, and folks that need to be in design
>     sessions in that block can easily come gather with the rest of the
>     crew right after the session.
>

> +1

Ok. I'm counting this as lazy consensus. April has responded that they
have a private wine room we can use and it fits up to 18 - so if a few
of us have partners, then great (please still RSVP) I'm going to grab it
for 8pm. It'll be a tasting menu - so if, when you RSVP to me, you can
list any food alergies or dietary restrictions, that would be great (I
know some of you have some, but I do not remember what they are)