[openstack-tc] Icehouse TC opening

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Oct 18 15:16:37 UTC 2013

On 10/18/2013 10:02 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Old and new TC members,
>
> Congratulations on your (re)election ! This email contains a few
> administrative details and things you should know.
>
> 1. We will gather informally during the OpenStack Summit in Hong-Kong
> for a TC dinner in a fine restaurant, organized by Monty and sponsored
> by HP. Details will follow.

I have NO idea what the social schedule looks like - but if folks could
get back to me asap on good/bad times if you know them, and if you can
come, that would be great. If you've come before, you know that I
usually just put it on HP's bill because Meg is rich enough to buy us
all dinner. This year they have made the mistake of actually telling me
it's ok BEFOREHAND, which means I fully intend to abuse things.

Also - I know a few of us have partners coming. If you could let me know
if you have a partner in HKG - I was thinking perhaps we should think
about inviting them this time? Thoughts?

My frist choice is:

http://www.amberhongkong.com/

And to do it either Tuesday or Wednesday.

> 2. Those of us who are free at that time can participate to the "Meet
> the Technical Committee" panel at the Summit (scheduled Wednesday, Nov 6
> at 5:30pm). There is room for all of us !

Perhaps we should just go from there to dinner since we'll all be there?
Although there's supposed to be a VIP reception thing that night too. I
hate the summit social calendar.

> 3. Our first official meeting should happen after that, probably the
> week after the summit if the agenda calls for one.
>
> 4. We need to designate a Chair. The role of the chair is to know our
> Charter (and most of the Foundation bylaws) by heart, keep track of the
> TC agenda, organize our meetings and report back on their results. I'm
> totally happy to continue in that role, but if any other member really
> wants to do it in my place, I won't complain. Please reply to this
> thread before the end of next week if you're interested.

Honestly, I believe we should officialy nominate someone and vote on it
at the next meeting. We're all election and process obsessed anyway, so
might as well make it official.

Welcome and welcome back everyone!