[openstack-tc] Proposal - making nondeterministic bugs critical

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Nov 26 10:37:39 UTC 2013

Robert Collins wrote:
> This is being discussed on the dev list in multiple threads:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-November/020402.html
> and
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-November/020403.html
>
> I think everyone connected to infra - including crucially Jim :) - is
> saying the same thing, so I'm just doing the paperwork of getting it
> it's own thread and highlighting it here, so we can have it in the
> meeting in 4+ days.

I'm not really sure the TC needs to take an official stance on this...
It sounds more like a QA convention and a simple wiki page update [1].
We need to be careful not to get involved in every decision and let
people make the right choices by themselves. TC involvement should be
the exception rather than the rule.

Now, if some random program resisted the addition of QA members to their
bugtriage teams and/or downgraded nondeterministic Critical bugs, then
we might consider a resolution to make it clear where the line is.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bugs#Importance