[openstack-tc] Criteria for incubation/graduation/new programs

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 20 14:40:16 UTC 2013

Hi fellow TC members,

As evidenced by recent applications, it looks like we could benefit from
having a clearer and more predictable set of requirements and criteria
when we consider:

- incubation requests
- end-of-cycle graduation to integrated status
- new programs

This is mostly about putting words on the criteria we all unconsciously
use when considering those applications, so that applicants can
anticipate them (and delay their application if they feel like they
haven't met the required bar yet).

As a first step, I'd like to invite interested TC members to participate
in drafting a MUST/SHOULD requirements list for each of those. The idea
would be to fold Sean's QA requirements into the same set of documents.
Criteria that are not consensual within the TC will be left out of the
final documents (but can still be individually used in your personal
vote). When the documents are ready we'll discuss them on -dev, and
propose them for inclusion in the governance repo. Obviously those would
be evolving documents as we raise the bar for inclusion even higher over
time.

Here is the set of etherpads:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/incubation-requirements
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/graduation-requirements