[openstack-tc] core group management change

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Mar 7 10:04:54 UTC 2013

Monty Taylor wrote:
> We sent this out, but I believe it got buried in other CLA related things.
>
> Groups for gerrit are not longer tied to launchpad. They are now
> directly managed in gerrit. SO - if you want to add or remove core
> folks, go to the admin | group page in gerrit, find the group, and
> manage it there.
>
> You may also want to do the same thing for drivers groups.
>
> You may want to update the launchpad group, because ttx uses those to
> contact core groups about security things.

We only use "core" groups in Launchpad to handle limited security issue
disclosure, but "drivers" groups are used for a number of things
(including ability to target to milestones, accept blueprints etc.) so
keeping them in sync is important.

Actually, I think we should sync those automatically. We can do that by
going Gerrit->LP instead of doing LP->Gerrit, I guess. I can certainly
whip up a launchpadlib script that would do that. I suspect the idea in
managing the groups in Gerrit rather than in LP was to avoid the sync lag ?

Release Manager, OpenStack