[openstack-tc] Spider "What is Core" Discussion Continued - Monday 7/15 1-3pm Central

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jul 11 19:17:11 UTC 2013

Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 07/11/2013 12:39 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> If they want to grant the "core" label only to pluggable projects, I'm
>> not sure that would be in our territory ?
>
> I suppose that's fair, but I think it's a bogus set of criteria to use.
>  I think it's up to the technical community to decide whether it even
> makes sense for something to be pluggable in the first place (for
> whatever pluggable may mean).  I find it inappropriate to assume that it
> is always the correct answer.

I think you, Monty and I are actually in violent agreement (as often).

The "implements a plug-in architecture" terminology bleeds into
implementation territory and should probably be changed for something
like "should facilitate integration with other technologies somehow".
I.e. state goals rather than specific means.

Cheers,