[openstack-tc] Charter changed to reflect 'programs'

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Jul 3 10:56:19 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-03 at 12:44 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Hi TC members,
>
> As discussed yesterday, I modified the Charter to introduce 'Programs'
> and replace mentions of 'Projects' wherever necessary:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?title=Governance%2FFoundation%2FTechnicalCommittee&diff=25309&oldid=24429
>
> The official 'Projects' page was renamed to 'Programs' and updated:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Programs
>
> This page will be updated with links to mission statements as we
> retroactively create them.
>
> I also started a page describing the process to become a new program:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/NewPrograms
>
> If you can think of any information a new program should provide with
> its request, please update the wikipage directly.

All looks good to me. Nice work.

I'd perhaps rephrase "election for PTL seats" as "election for PTL
positions" ... the word "seat" makes it sound like a seat on the TC
itself.

Also, tiny distinction here, but the "defined term" we have is "an
Integrated project" more than "the integrated release", so I'd change:

  The process new projects can follow to become part of the OpenStack
  'Integrated' release is described.

to:

  The process new projects can follow to become an Integrated project
  and part of the OpenStack coordinated release is described here.

Cheers,
Mark.