[openstack-tc] TC meeting tomorrow Tue Feb 5, 20:00 UTC

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 10:41:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 08:32 +1100, Monty Taylor wrote:

> On 02/05/2013 03:13 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> > Hello members of the TC,
> >
> > Tomorrow at 20:00 UTC we'll hold a TC meeting with the following agenda:
> >
> > * Update on the "Future of Incubation / core" joint committee
> >   * Officialize incubation process update [1]
>
> Can you clarify what "officialize" means? The joint committee has not
> actually made a final recommendation (although I agree that the writeup
> matches the discussion of that so far)

Ok, it appears this whole thing is way too confusing.

You're right - the joint committee has yet to make a final report of its
findings to the TC and Foundation Board. That's because there's still a
lot of ongoing discussion around the trademark programme side of things
- i.e. "the meaning of Core".

Perhaps we should have had the committee formally do a report on the
incubation process side of things, but instead we took the approach that
the committees' discussions have already validated and elaborated the
approach the TC wished to take to carrying out its existing mandate.

I understood that the committee members were happy with that approach
and there were no objections from the board last week. But there seems
to be a bunch of confusion around it.

What we're talking about here is the TC updating a process which it is
responsible for. Beyond weeks of working through the details in a joint
committee and sharing our plans with the board, what more officialness
do people need before being comfortable with us moving forward?

I guess we could take a slightly more formal run at this - have the
committee approve an "Incubation Process" report this week and set up a
joint meeting between the TC and Board during next week's Board
meeting[1] to jointly approve it? Meh ...

Cheers,
Mark.

[1] - what I don't like about that setup is the board members would be
attending the meeting in person while the TC members would be dialling
in.