[openstack-tc] DefCore Update: Next Meeting 12/17 1:30 PDT (+ Critieria subcommittee 12/10 9:30 PDT)

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Mon Dec 9 04:10:33 UTC 2013

All,

I'm really excited about the progress we made in our first DefCore meeting!  Josh and I put together this short summary of the meeting as a quick update.  We'd planned something longer but...

Detailed Minutes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreElephant.1

 *   * must-pass tests to be approved (as a slate) at the next summit

 *   * must-pass test slate to be recommended a month before the summit (March)

 *   * must-pass test draft list for discussion formed a month before the slate (Feb)

 *   * must-pass test criteria for selecting draft items a month before draft list (Jan)
*         We resolved:

 *   * by-laws changes are not going to make it this election (we setup a subcomittee)
*         * will keep it going to get ahead for next cycle
*         * we believe we can work within the current documents, but there's a risk changes will be needed
*         * Eileen Evans is chairing the subcommittee, and will coordinate with the foundation staff as needed

 *   * We are spinning off a subcommittee to work on test selection critiera

 *   * while we are only focused on "must-pass," we decided that test lexicon will be
*         * must-pass - interoperability contract (fully portable)
*         * commons - extended interoperability (likely portable)
*         * other items will be determined future
*         We made some recommendations for RefStack requirements

 *   * users will be validated against the OpenStack user list

 *   * users may upload test results (it is not required to have RefStack run the API tests externally)

 *   * we will collect additional optional data using "tags" such as installation size, os, features, projects, etc

 *   * we will reset the production database in Febuary to clear test data
*         We showed progress on RefStack

 *   * Tempest was broken at the time of the meeting and distracting peopke

 *   * much help is needed for tempest
*         Risk Items:

 *   * We need participation from some TC members to avoid having to rehash key decisions later

DefCore Update: Next DefCore Meeting 12/17 @
Next Meeting: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreElephant.2
Critiera SubCommittee: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreTestCriteria

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld
Sr. Distinguished Cloud Solution Architect
Dell | Cloud Edge, Data Center Solutions
cell +1 512 909-7219 blog robhirschfeld.com, twitter @zehicle
Please note, I am based in the CENTRAL (-6) time zone