[Openstack-stable-maint] Icehouse stable freeze exception for Neutron security fix

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 15:57:35 UTC 2014

Hi Ihar,

Although this patch changes the behavior of floating IP, I believe the
previous behavior
is a bug as discussed in OSSN-0020 [1]. If a project admin
disassociates a floating IP,
the project admin expects connections related to the floating IP are
not able to be reachable
any more in most cases. OSSN-0020 suggests to terminate all
connections to an instance
associated with the floating IP but it is not easy to do so. The new
behavior is desirable and
the expected behavior when designed. In addition, it is the behavior
of nova-network.
IMO this kind of bug behaviors can be fixed in the stable release to
make the Neutron behavior less confusing.

I hope this FFE is granted but I can't say any more.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OSSN/OSSN-0020

Thanks,
Akihiro

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote: